How to Overcome Cough Quickly
|How to Overcome Cough Quickly|
A cough that does not go away can actually make you miserable, and you certainly want to alleviate it as soon as possible. Cough is a common side effect of fever and flu, but coughing can also be caused by allergies, asthma, acid reflux, dry air, cigarettes, and even some medicines. Coughing can be very painful and annoying, so try to follow some of these tips to try to overcome the cough quickly.
1. Use honey. Honey is an effective way to suppress coughs and soothe the throat. A study from Penn State College of Medicine found that honey can relieve cough is more effective than cough medicine sold freely. Honey helps coat and soothe the mucus membranes. Honey is very beneficial to drink right before bed if coughing makes it difficult to sleep.
2. Drink licorice root tea. Licorice root tea can soothe your airways, helps relieve inflammation, and diluting the sputum. To make it, fill in 2 tablespoons of dried licorice root in a cup, and pour 250 ml boiling water into it. Pour boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drink twice a day.
3. Try turmeric. Turmeric is a traditional cough medicine that is known to be effective for treating coughs in many people. Try mixing one teaspoon of turmeric into a glass of warm milk. You could also try a mixture of turmeric powder and one teaspoon of honey to treat a dry cough. To make turmeric tea, put 1 tablespoon turmeric powder into 4 cups of boiling water. Let, then strain. Combine with lemon and honey to strengthen its effect in relieving cough.
4. Try essential oils. Mixing the essential oil with steam can help you inhale and absorb the benefits. Try tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil, which are both known to soothe and open the breathing passages. This oil also has properties antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory so it can help fight bacteria and viruses.
5. Gargling with salt water. The brine is used to help relieve inflamed throat, but can also help reduce swelling and cough with sputum. Mix 1 teaspoon of salt in 250 ml of warm water, stir until dissolved, then gargle for 15 seconds. Repeat until the water runs out.
6. Try essential oils. Mixing the essential oil with steam can help you inhale and absorb the benefits. Try tea tree oil and eucalyptus oil, which are both known to soothe and open the breathing passages. This oil also has properties antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory so it can help fight bacteria and viruses.
a. Boil water and place in a bowl. Let cool for about 1 minute. Enter 3 drops of tea tree oil and 1-2 drops of eucalyptus oil. Stir. Come and cover your head to ensnaresvapor. Breathe in for 5-10 minutes, 2-3 times a day. Be sure to keep a distance so as not to get too close to the water, so that your face does not hurt as a result of steam heat.
b. Do not drink tea tree oil. This oil is toxic if ingested.